Thursday 2 August 2012

sewing morning

Sewing morning - Yippee!! Reminiscent of the movie "How to make an American Quilt"...Each Thursday I meet with a group of friends, who also love sewing, and we have a loooovely time admiring each others' projects of the moment, giving advice (where asked for), chatting about life, drinking tea, eating a delicious sweet morsel and, of course, doing (a little bit of) sewing!  We all look forward to this morning so much, not only to chat, but because we know it will make us do at least some sewing each week.
My project of the moment is two (sort of matching) patchwork quilt covers for my two eldest boys to go on their bunk beds. I have had the fabric (pictured above) sitting in the cupboard for at least two years, so it feels good to finally be doing something with it. I still like the colours but feel I need to add some more interesting patterns into the mix now - so I'm searching for the right fabrics...I have spent at least three sewing sessions just cutting out the squares. I think that once I get through this stage and move onto the sewing part, the quilts will come together quite quickly. But anyhow, there's no rush, because sewing mornings are so much fun! It's a beautiful gathering of like-minded women, talking about life and achieving something as they let their creative juices flow. Can't wait for next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment