Wednesday 5 September 2012

country style

I have, for many years, been an avid reader of home magazines - in fact, I'd probably be many thousands of dollars richer if I had not bought quite so many of them in my life. Over the past few months I've been refraining from this habit fairly successfully. Having just got ourselves a new house and a hefty new mortgage, this seemed one way in which to tighten the purse strings and, after all, my thirst for photos of gorgeous inspirational homes can be satisfied very well by reading blogs and emagazines. However, when I passed the September issue of Country Style today in the newsagent, I just couldn't resist. The front cover is simply gorgeous and totally appeals to my romantic sensibilities. Actually, I'm feeling very inspired by the cushions in the photo, to make a few new ones for my lounge room that will bring the spring bloom feel to the house. After all the children were in bed tonight and the kitchen and house had generally been restored to order I took some time to lie on my aforementioned Nanna's daybed to enjoy some more inspiration. I've always liked Country Style but since moving to the High Country it has, of course, become my new favourite magazine - seems very relevant now...


This is how the daybed looked earlier today...


The five days of stunning weather that I mentioned in my last post ended today when a very windy and stormy change came through. The weather cleared briefly at about 5.30pm and the light over the mountains and through the trees was absolutely stunning. My novice photographs really don't do it justice but perhaps they'll give you a little bit of an idea of how beautiful it was...


Simple pleasures...

1 comment:

  1. This magazine always gets me too. The person who styles the covers is absolutely gifted. It always inspires the whimsy in me!

    (Sorry for short comments - rushing to catch up on blogs whilst the munchkin is asleep!) x

    ReplyDelete