Wednesday 28 November 2012

a perfect evening



Timbertop is a very quiet place at the moment. All of the students and staff are away on the 6 day hike, leaving we families with an almost holiday-like feeling. Thus, capitalising on this festive mood, we all decided to go down to nearby Mirimbah park on the Delatite River at the foot of Mt Buller for a picnic dinner. It's only 10 minutes from home and such a beautiful place. Everybody contributed bits and pieces to dinner and we pulled together a delicious, healthy meal. The kids played in the playground while they waited for it.




Being such a warm evening - still 30 degrees at 6pm - it was down to the river for a play after dinner.






Teddy was a bit traumatised after having a leech stuck to his groin and decided to take off...


He just couldn't get over it for quite a while, even when comforted by his big friend, Jem...




Eventually it was time for little 2 year olds to go home to bed...


A perfect evening was had by all of us. I'm so grateful that my children and I live in this stunning environment and have these wonderful people to share it with.

2 comments:

  1. I'm smiling as I read this Julie and remember similar excursions down to Mirimbah...a little bit of an ache in my heart too! :) I bet Teddy would be glad it was a leech and not a Jumping Jack ant!!! Enjoy the quiet afternoons and I hope the hike week and wind up for the year goes quickly for you all and you enjoy a relaxing time over the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny, I'm glad these stories bring back nice memories for you - nothing ever really changes here does it! It's so great that you read the blog and I do so appreciate your comments, thank you!

    ReplyDelete